The Infraspinatus muscle is one of the four rotator cuff muscles and is commonly injured. It is the main external rotator of the shoulder joint and works in conjunction with the Terres Minor.
- Posterior surface of the scapula (below the spine of the scapula)
- Greater tuberosity on the humerus
- Shoulder abduction
- External rotation
- Suprascapular nerve
- Brushing hair
How can I stretch it?
- Posterior shoulder stretch
How can I strengthen it?
- Lateral raises using dumbbells
- External shoulder rotation using dumbbells