Teres Minor is one of the four rotator cuff muscles. Its main action, along with Infraspinatus is to externally rotate the shoulder joint. There are two Teres muscles, the other being Teres Major.
- Posterior surface of the scapula (below the spine of the scapula)
- Greater tuberosity on the humerus
- Shoulder abduction
- External rotation
- Suprascapular nerve
- Brushing hair
How can I stretch it?
- Posterior shoulder stretch
- Posterior shoulder stretch II
How can I strengthen it?
- Lateral raises using dumbbells
- External shoulder rotation using dumbbells