The Biceps brachii crosses both the elbow and shoulder joints. It is a weak flexor of the shoulder joint but is a strong flexor the elbow joint, especially when the forearm is supinated (palm facing up).
The bicep curl is the most commonly used exercise to strengthen this muscle.
- Long head - top of the glenoid fossa
- Short head - coracoid process
- Bicipital tuberosity of the radius
- Bicipital aponeurosis into the deep fascia of the forearm.
- Elbow flexion
- Supination of the forearm
- Musculocutaneous nerve
- Picking up a shopping bag
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?
- Bicep curl using a resistance band
- Bicep curl with free weights
- Extended bicep curl
- Concentration curl