Biceps Femoris is one of the three muscles which form the hamstring group. The muscle is often described as having a long head (the attachment from the ischium) and a short head (attached to the femur).
- Tuberosity of the ischium
- Lower1/2 of the linea aspera of the femur
- Lateral supracondylar ridge
- Lateral condyle of the tibia
- Head of the femur
- Hip extension
- Knee flexion
- Lateral rotation of the hip when the knee is flexed
- Tibial part of the sciatic nerve
- Bending the knee to step over something
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?