The internal oblique muscles are opposite to the external oblique muscles and are responsible for movement on the side that it is situated, so the right internus abdominal muscle twists to the right and the left internus abdomianal muscle twists to the right.
- Iliac crest
- Inguinal ligament
- Thoracolumbar fascia
- Lower 3-4 ribs
- Linea alba
- Contraction of one side alone laterally bends the trunk to that side
- and rotates the trunk to the other side
- Compresses the abdomen and supports the abdominal viscera
- Ventral rami of thoracic nerves
- Ilioinguinal nerve
- Iliohypgastric nerve
- Raking leaves
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?
- Twisting crunches or sit-ups
- Sitting twists with a resistance band
- Standing twists with a resistance band
- Medicine ball twists