Multifidus is a series of small muscles which travel up the length of the spine. It is an important muscle in the rehabilitation of Gilmore's Groin.
- Posterior surface of the sacrum
- Articular processes of the lumbar vertebrae
- Transverse processes of the thoracic vertebrae
- Articular processes of C3-7
- Each part of the muscle inserts into the spinous process 2-4 vertebrae higher than its origin
- Extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the spine
- Dorsal rami of the spinal nerves
- Maintaining good posture of the spine
How can I stretch it?
How can I strengthen it?