The aim is to encourage good passing technique and timing of movement.
Organisation: 8+ players and 1 ball. Players divide up on the corners of a square, use cones to mark this if necessary. 1 player begins with a ball in the middle of the line on 1 side of the square. They then pass diagonally to another player driving out from their corner of the square. This process then repeats with the path of the ball forming a diamond shape within the square formation. Aim to work consistently for a set period of time / amount of passes
- Strong, flat, accurate pass
- Ball travels to the space in front of the moving player so she can drive on to it
- Balanced and controlled landing, obeying the footwork rule
- Time your run in accordance with the person with the ball - are they in a balanced ready position?
- Change the direction of the practice
- Incorporate different attacking moves e.g. change of direction, dodge before receiving the ball
- Increase the size of the square