Fun Football Games
Aim: To improve accuracy and weight of pass and control / 1st touch
Suitable for: U8’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area, balls.
Organisation: Mark off an area of suitable size for the number and age of players. The group is split in to 2 teams, each team lines up on opposite sides of the area. One target ball is placed in the middle of the area and each team has 2 or 3 balls as ammunition. The aim of the game is to knock the target ball over the opposition’s goal line. Both teams can fire at the same time.
- Make the areas smaller or larger
- Add more than one target ball
- Players on 2 touch, one to control, one to strike
- Players must pass before shooting at the target ball
- Awareness of the position of the target ball
- Emphasis on controlling the ball and getting your shot at the target ball off as quickly as possible
- Awareness of on coming balls that have missed the target ball
- Passing techniques, side foot or strike with laces