Players run through a short agility course before shooting. This drill can also be used as a general agility or fitness drill as well as a shooting one and defenders can be added for progression.
Soccer shooting drills
Aim: To improve shooting technique
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: 1 goal, 3 balls, 1 set of ladders, and 3 cones
Organisation: 1 striker works and has 3 attempts to score. The player hops through the agility ladder then through the cones runs towards a ball and shoots 1st time. As soon as the player shoots they must sprint to the start and repeat the activity.
- Must be high tempo
- One shot must be with weaker foot
- Add a goalkeeper
- Add defenders to pressure player as he picks up the ball
- Accuracy of shot
- Shot selection (driven, side foot placed, lob, curl, etc)
- Vision, awareness of goalkeepers position
- Player given different activity to do when going through the ladders