Players compete in a central area aiming to create space to shoot and knock their opponents balls off cones, which are situated outside the central area. More points can be scored if the balls are farther away from the playing area.
Football Soccer 2v2 Drills
Aim: To improve 1st touch / control, passing and movement techniques
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: Marked area appropriate size for age, 14 cones and 7 balls between 4 players.
Organisation: Players must stay in a marked out square and attempt to score by knocking the 3 balls off the cones behind the opponent’s goal line. No players can enter the end zones.
When a ball is knocked off the ball is returned to the opposition. If the ball goes out of the square it is given to the team that didn't knock it out.
- Encourage players to increase tempo
- Increase / decrease the marked area to promote a better 1st touch and quicker feet (smaller area) or pass and move (larger area)
- Emphasis is on 1st touch, keep ball out of feet and in the direction of supporting player
- Communication is essential
- 1st touch with inside or outside of foot
- Players encouraged to overlap to support and take players away