The aim is to practice different passing options at a centre pass.
Organisation: 9 players – 5 attackers, 4 defenders in two-thirds of the court. Players position themselves in a standard centre pass formation. C passes a square ball to her GD who has made a straight sprint into the centre third. GD then passes to GA who has moved to her goal third to receive this pass. GA then passes to the GS in the shooting circle.
- Ensure passes are accurate and into the space, enabling the moving player to attack the ball
- Use arms to maximise speed on sprints
- Land in an upright and balanced position to receive all passes
- WA takes the second pass from the GD instead of the GA
- WD takes the first pass from the C instead of the GD
- Vary the starting positions of the attackers e.g. on the inside of the defender
- Increase the pressure from the defenders